University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
- Minor in Political Science
- Cum laude graduate
ACT National Career Readiness Certificate, GOLD
- Applied math – Level 7 of 7 (90 of 90)
- Reading for information – Level 7 of 7 (85 of 90)
- Locating information – Level 5 of 6 (80 of 90)
Strong work ethic
Works well under pressure
Works well with others
Making complex issues simple
Press release writing and media relations
Written and oral communication
Mailchimp mass email
Experience with USPS bulk mail processing
Personal computer system troubleshooting, repair, and building
Experience with QuarkXPress and print design layout
Independent Contractor – GIO Express
7/4/05 – 8/22/16
- Eighteen years experience (overall) in the logistics industry providing secure and time sensitive delivery of financial documents to banking and government agencies.
- Responsible for route planning efficiency, maintenance of delivery records, mileage logs, and invoicing using Microsoft Excel.
- Performed the delivery tasks and pick-up of customer material in a polite, resourceful, and professional manner.
Political Adviser – Various candidates for elected office (Volunteer)
3/17/00 – 11/4/14
- Public policy advocate with over seventeen years of experience (overall) orchestrating, educating, and motivating teams to influence decision makers.
- Guided political candidates on messaging, printed material and website design using QuarkXPress and WordPress, policy and demographic research, campaign strategy, and volunteer coordination.
- Generated press releases and disseminated them to members of the media.
- Utilized data management software to analyze voter trends and compile targeted voter lists for volunteer usage.
- Participated in grassroots political activities such as door-to-door campaigning and engagement with the public at events.
- Coordinated all aspects of event planning including acquisition of meeting facilities, generating guest invitations, marketing and promotion, agenda setting, coordinating volunteers, and emceeing.
Managing Partner – New Majority Media, LLC
2/10/10 – 8/30/15
- Operated an online news and opinion website.
- Performed website design and maintenance using WordPress, wrote and edited articles for publication, researched public policy, coordinated social media presence, and built brand recognition via in person participation with numerous civic organizations and elected bodies.
- Appeared as scheduled weekly guest on 1110AM WBT and had articles appear on the front page of the Charlotte Observer website via partnership with each.
Chairman – Common Americans United To Inspire Our Nation (Volunteer)
3/4/13 – 3/2/15
- Developed and implemented all aspects of weekly meetings including setting the agenda, coordinating invited speakers, arranging accommodations, and functioning as meeting facilitator.
- Orchestrated a statewide coalition of 28 likeminded civic organizations.
- Researched public policy and current events extensively in order to communicate the organization’s position on each and develop necessary action plans.
- Wrote and published weekly policy newsletter utilizing both MailChimp and posts to the organization’s WordPress website.
- Communicated with members of the media via press releases and interviews.
Inventory Processor – Accu-Vend, Inc
1/9/12 – 8/5/13
- Responsible for assisting delivery drivers by pulling and loading vending machine products into their delivery trucks prior to their departure.
- Accountable for proper stock rotation to assure freshness of product.
- Maintained a clean and orderly warehouse.
Lead Computer Technician – Tech5 Corporation
12/4/00 – 7/1/05
- Performed repairs and upgrades of consumer level computer equipment for individual and business accounts.
- Worked with customers to analyze and repair computer malfunctions both in person and via telephone.
- Removed virus and malware infestations, troubleshot defective hardware and software, and built new computer systems for those not cost effective to repair.
Assistant Office Manager – Data Access Corporation
6/21/99 – 3/16/00
- Answered and disseminated incoming phone calls.
- Provided first tier technical support for the company’s suite of database programs.
- Cleaned, organized, and kept the office supplied with necessary work tools.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound mail processing.